EFFECTIVE DATE: [January 11, 2020]
Please read this Policy carefully. By using our Site, you agree to our collection, use, and sharing of your PII as described in this Policy.
Information that We Collect
Through your use of our Site, we may collect PII, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. PII may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, Social Security number, and home address.
Information Provided by You
Vemo collects PII that you provide to us. If you register for an account on our Site, we will collect certain PII from you, including contact information (such as name and email), date of birth, Social Security number, and bank account information. If you provide us contact information to learn more about our services or choose to send us a message with information about yourself, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions and our responses.
Information Provided by Third Parties
Vemo may receive certain PII from the school, training program, or higher education institution you attend. This information, such as your name and email address, allows us to contact you to offer our services. With your prior consent, Vemo may also receive information about your credit history from a credit reporting agency or income information from your employer or tax authority.
Device and Usage Information
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Site.
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on our Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from: IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using such as: hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer and/or device for record-keeping purposes.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
We may use a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs) that help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is most effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on websites and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, and assess the performance of the Site.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your PII. For example, we may aggregate PII to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
Third Party Data Collection
One of the third party services that we use is Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Site and may share this data with other Google services. You can learn more about how Google uses and shares this data by visiting their website at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Use and Share Information
We use PII we collect in the following ways:
- Provide Services: We use your PII to provide you with the products and services that you request and to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Communicate: We use PII to communicate with you about our Site or our products and services. We may also use your PII to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to our Site or our products and services.
- Specific Purposes: You may be asked to provide information for a specific purpose. For example, we may request information to determine your eligibility for a product or service. We will only use the information that you provide for the purpose for which you provided it to us.
- Customer Support: We may use your PII to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about our Site.
- Maintenance and Improvement: We analyze how our users interact with our Site in order to maintain and improve it. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site to improve the user experience.
- Research: We may use information for research purposes.
We reserve the right to share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Site functions and administer our Servicers. For example, we may share your information with third-party customer service providers.
- Affiliates: We may share information with a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required by Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may request your permission to share your PII for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the PII or before the PII you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
- Research: We may share statistical or aggregated data with third parties for research purposes.
Correcting Your PII
If your PII changes, you may correct or update the PII on your online account by making changes to the information on your online account or by contacting us at: (813) 563-1099.
The security of your PII is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your PII. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Vemo, such as social media websites. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party website. You are subject to the policies of those third party websites where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party websites before you disclose your PII.
Browser Do Not Track
The Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals.
Our Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we take immediate steps to delete such PII.
This is a United States-based Site that is subject to U.S. law. This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Vemo from its offices within the U.S. If you are accessing this Site from a location outside the U.S., you hereby agree that your use of this Site and our collection and use and sharing of your PII is subject to this Policy.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to make material changes to this Policy, we will post those changes to this Site in a manner that we deem is appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Any modifications to this Policy will go into immediate effect after they have been posted. You agree to these future updates by continuing to use our Site after they have been posted.
Vemo Education transforms the way schools attract students and measure outcomes. Colleges and workforce development organizations leverage Vemo to align tuition with student success. From reimagined financial aid packaging to data-driven enrollment management, Vemo partners with schools to advance clear strategic objectives: higher yield, improved retention, and accelerated completion. Main Phone: (813) 995-7578
Student Support: (813) 724-3411
General Information: email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vemo Education transforms the way schools attract students and measure outcomes. Colleges and workforce development organizations leverage Vemo to align tuition with student success. From reimagined financial aid packaging to data-driven enrollment management, Vemo partners with schools to advance clear strategic objectives: higher yield, improved retention, and accelerated completion.
Main Phone: (813) 995-7578